Department: Engineering & Operations
Team: Sports Field
Employment Status: Casual
Hourly Rate: $32.57 per hour + 25% casual loading
Strathfield Council (Council) is a medium sized Council located in Sydney’s Inner West. The area of the Council comprises approximately 14 square kilometres and has an estimated population of 46,000 residents, which is growing at 2.5-3% annually. Based on NSW Government projections, the population will increase to over 80,000 by 2036.
About the Opportunity
This position is responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the Hudson Park Driving Range.
The duties of this position are to:
- Provide high quality customer service to our clients through direct interactions over the counter and on the telephone;
- Assist with administrational duties for the driving range i.e. receipting and balancing monies;
- Carry out any operational tasks i.e. collecting and cleaning of golf balls, cleaning equipment etc.;
- Apply safe work practices in accordance with Council’s SOPS/SWMS and Workplace Health and Safety Act (WHS).
The Hudson Park driving range is currently open from 6am to 11pm, Monday to Sunday. We are looking for applicants who can be available to work weeknights and weekends from 7pm to 1am.
You will feel a sense of reward from completing tasks that ensures our driving range is well-maintained for our communities’ appreciation and our customers feel welcomed.
You will have demonstrated, successful customer service experience with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
You will be able to work succinctly in a team environment and have the ability to take initiative.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Review and answer our designated questions
2. Attach any relevant documentation on the next page before concluding your application.
Your cover letter will have to address the Key Selection Criteria as found within the Position Description.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement with Council.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact James Liversidge on 02 9748 9999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 8 October 2023