The Dubbo Regional Council offers a valuable service known as the Animal Shelter to the residents of the Local Government Area, providing a safe haven primarily for domestic cats and dogs.
The Animal Attendant plays a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the Dubbo City Animal Shelter. You'll be responsible for providing care management to the animals and coordinate the release of impounded animals.
Please note that this is a twelve-month position intended to cover parental leave.
The role is part-time, requiring 19 hours of work per week, with shifts scheduled across all seven days in a rotating roster from Monday to Sunday.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $26,357 - $30,615 per annum (pro rata) plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Tuesday 9 October 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Animal Shelter Coordinator - 6801 4641.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application.(Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)