Foreman Traffic Controller
- Picton location
- Permanent Full-Time
- Salary from $73,860 - $ 85,668 + 11% Superannuation
- 38-hour week with fortnightly RDO
Are you an experienced Traffic Controller looking for a new opportunity? Do you enjoy providing supervision on a daily basis to ensure the community is safe? This could be the opportunity for you!
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Foreman Traffic Control to join our Infrastructure Operations Team. In this position you will be responsible for the leadership and supervision of the Traffic Control team and will contribute to ensuring a safe community by road users through managing traffic flow and communication of conditions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and supervision of staff, relevant to the position
- SafeWork NSW – Traffic Controller
- SafeWork NSW – Implement Traffic Control Plans
- SafeWork NSW – Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan
- National Work Health and Safety Construction Induction (White Card)
- Current Class C Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to Work Health and Safety systems and procedures.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Further Information: Matt Crossan, Works Coordinator on 02 4677 9689.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Friday, 6 October 2023.
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2023 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.