Environmental Health Officer (On Site Sewage Management)
SALARY: $987.89 - 1,249.46 pw + Super
Work Type: Permanent Part Time - 3 days per week
Location: Oran Park Administration Building - 70 Central Avenue, Oran Park 2570
- Enjoy a 21 hour working week
- Close to shops and amenities
- Professional career development
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks, and health and wellbeing leave options
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
As one of our Environmental Health Officers, you would take pride in protecting and enhancing environmental systems of the Camden LGA. working independently, but supporting a team, you will provide expert knowledge and advice to Council and the Community regarding On-Site Sewage management.
Don't miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant science, applied science or similar degree, with previous experience in an environmental health role
- Experience in the assessment, inspection and regulation of on-site sewage management systems
- A sound working knowledge and expertise in the application and administration of current Acts and associated Regulations as they relate to the environment and public health
- Local Government Act
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act
- Food Act
- Public Health Act
- All other relevant legislation and standards currently in use by local government EHO's
- Experience in investigation and resolving complaints relating to on-site sewage management systems
- Be skilled in conflict resolution
- The ability to solve problems using research, analysis and evaluation of information which is often not readily available
- Possess a broad understanding and knowledge of environment and health issues as they pertain to local government
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
Further Information: Janine Collins, Acting Team Leader Environment & Health on 4654 7740
Closing Date for above position: 02/10/2023
Position Description: For full position description details click here