We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
As the Environmental and Health Services Team Leader, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding the well-being of our community. Your responsibilities encompass a diverse array of services, controls, and public education initiatives designed to shield our community from physical dangers, environmental hazards, discomfort, and health risks.
Your primary objective is to ensure the safety and prosperity of the Dubbo Local Government Area. Through your leadership, we aim to fortify our commitment to the protection, preservation, and enhancement of both the natural and built environment that defines our community.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with relevant legislation in relation to health and environmental impact assessment of developments, part five assessments, environmental audits/investigations and Section 68 Approvals (Local Government)
- Coordinate and undertake food premises inspections and follow up
- Coordinate and undertake grant projects
- Enforce compliance legislation including Environmental offences, Public Health offences, Food Safety offences and Swimming Pool offences
- Coordinate Council's Environment and Health education programs include the lodgement of grant applications
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Science or related discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Well developed computer literacy and administration skills
- Demonstrated time management and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret legislation and policy relevant to Environment and Health functions of Council
You are a passionate environmental and health professional committed to making improvements to public health and the natural environment. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and time management skills. Additionally, you have the ability to build and maintain strong positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You are an experienced leader who continually shows positive leadership and looks for ways to influence team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $106,613 - $119,334 per annum plus superannuation. A Leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 2nd October 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Manager Environmental Compliance on 6801 4625.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)