WE ARE DRC
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country.
The role of the Manager Operations Water Supply and Sewerage is integral to delivering essential water supply and sewerage services to the Dubbo Regional Council community. In this capacity, you will take charge of overseeing the operation of water treatment plants and the distribution network, in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. Furthermore, you will foster a strong partnership with our customers, actively seeking their input to understand their service requirements and standards, and engaging with them to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Collaboration is central to your responsibilities, as you will work closely with the Manager Strategy Water Supply and Sewerage. Together, you will contribute significantly to the Strategic Planning for Asset Management, a crucial process aimed at defining service levels and ensuring the efficient delivery of our services to the community. Your combined efforts will play a pivotal role in sustaining and enhancing the quality and reliability of water supply and sewerage services in the Dubbo Regional Council area.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide quality drinking water to the communities of the local government area,
- Ensure waste water is managed efficiently and in line with legislation,
- Develop and manage the operational and maintenance budgets,
- Develop and lead a team in what is a high skill shortage area.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science or related discipline or experience commensurate to the qualification,
- Solid experience in the delivery of Water Supply and Sewage compliance programs,
- Solid experience in the management of water supply and sewerage treatment plants and processes.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and diverse team, coupled with an ability to drive and implement a performance based culture.
You are an experienced professional with a strong background in water and sewer who has a working knowledge of the Best Business Practice Management Guidelines. You have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage change which positively influences people and organisational culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $148,349 to $200,708 per annum including superannuation. Civil liability allowance and a leaseback vehicle is also available.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 9 October 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Director Infrastructure on 02 6801 4800.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)