WE ARE DRC
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country .
In this role, you'll have the unique opportunity to shape and define the strategic and operational planning of Water Supply and Sewerage Services within the Dubbo Regional Council. Your responsibilities will span across strategic asset management and business planning, ensuring that the water supply and sewerage services across the entire Dubbo Regional Council area are not only well-prepared for the future but also fully compliant with established legal, health, environmental, quality, and Best Business Practice Management Guidelines, in addition to meeting stringent service standards.
Collaboration will be a key component of your work, as you'll closely partner with the Manager Operations Water Supply and Sewerage. Together, you will be instrumental in conducting Strategic Planning for Asset Management, a process vital for determining service levels, optimising service delivery, and achieving the most efficient Life Cycle Cost for the desired asset benefits. This role is pivotal in ensuring that Dubbo's water supply and sewerage services remain resilient, high-quality, and cost-effective for the benefit of the community and the environment.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Set the strategic direction for Water Supply and Sewerage services
- Develop and maintain strategies to meet Best Practice Management Guidelines
- Undertake Total Asset Management to determine services levels
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science or related discipline or experience commensurate to the qualification,
- Solid experience and knowledge of the concepts, principles and practical applications of strategic and total asset management of water supply and sewerage assets,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the strategic, technical and operational aspects of providing water and sewerage services to geographically dispersed populations,
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external to an organisation.
You are an accomplished professional with an extensive background in water and sewer management, boasting a deep understanding of the Best Business Practice Management Guidelines. Your experience positions you as a forward-thinking leader, capable of charting a strategic course that will yield significant benefits for the entire community.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
Rainbow Cottage Childcare
Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
Remote Area Housing Assistance
Work Related Self Education Expenses
Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
Airline Lounge Memberships
Disability/Income Protection Insurance
Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $148,349 to $200,708 per annum including superannuation. Civil liability allowance and a leaseback vehicle is also available.
Closing Date: 9:00am Monday 9 October 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Director Infrastructure on 02 6801 4800.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume and copies of applicable qualifications.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)