We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
Responsible for offering comprehensive administrative support, coordinating event logistics, including setups and set downs, basic audio-visual and sound management, as well as supervising bar operations at both the Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre and the Wellington Civic Centre. Additionally, the role encompasses minor maintenance tasks to ensure the venues are maintained in top condition for high-level presentations. The position holder is also required to be Duty Person for rostered events.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide efficient and responsive customer service in person, over the phone and through email.
- Plan support needed to meet the client's requirements
- Provide financial administration support ensuring budgets are monitored and financial administration completed
- Ensure venues and external surrounds are well presented and maintained for events
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience as a duty person for diverse events in a professional setting including setting up and setting down
- Demonstrated administration experience and attention to detail in a professional work environment
- Basic experience in setting up equipment used for meetings and small events
- Previous experience in bar operations
You bring a hands-on and can-do attitude, which is instrumental in successfully managing diverse responsibilities, including logistical coordination and audio-visual management, to ensure the seamless execution of events. Your dedication to delivering exceptional customer experiences aligns seamlessly with our mission and values.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who is looking to work in a diverse and professional environment. You will be enthusiastic with strong communication skills and have the ability to work in a collaborative team!
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, flexible working arrangements, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
A pre-employment assessment is required for this position.
Salary: $55,871 -$64,930 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9am Tuesday 3 October 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre - 6801 4370
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)