Previous applicants need not apply
Division: Planning & Environment
Team: Waste Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with a access to Council's flexible working conditions
Salary: $79,121.63 per annum, plus allowances, plus 11% Superannuation
Strathfield Council (Council) is a medium sized Council located in Sydney’s Inner West. The area of the Council comprises approximately 14 square kilometres and has an estimated population of 46,000 residents, which is growing at 2.5-3% annually. Based on NSW Government projections, the population will increase to over 80,000 by 2036.
About the Role
Strathfield Council is seeking a dedicated Waste Driver/Loader to join our Waste Services Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
The purpose of the position is to operate any vehicle or plant involved or associated with the provision of waste management. Ensuring the safe efficient and effective collection of streets and public refuse throughout the Municipality.
The major duties for the position of Waste Driver / Loader is listed as follows:
- Operation of domestic waste vehicles or plant in a manner, which ensures the safety of Council employees and members of the public generally.
- Check assigned vehicle or plant daily and report any faults, defects and be responsible for truck cleanliness.
- Operation of vehicles and plant for the removal and disposal of waste.
- Assist in the collection and loading of refuse.
- Required as off sider/loader/runner where directed
- Observe the requirements of work health and safety and environmental legislation;
- Participate in on-the-job training.
- Operation of two-way radio and/or portable communications equipment.
- Carry out any other duties as directed from time to time by the Waste Services Manager and or Team Leader
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current NSW HR Licence or higher
- Higher School Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Experience driving and operating side arm and rear loader vehicle• Understanding of and adherence to Safe Operating Procedures.
- Have and maintain a level of physical fitness sufficient to undertake the activities of this level.
- A general knowledge of the area including streets, suburbs and the boundaries of Strathfield Municipal Council.
- Ability to carry out both written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work in a team environment or individually under limited supervision.
- Have and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to converse with Council staff and/or the public in a manner expected of Council’s Customer Service Practices
- Experience in the collection of refuse (Desirable)
To view the staff benefits, please click here.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Previous applicants need not apply. Applicants can apply through our online application process as follows:
- Review and answer our designated questions on the next page
- Please attach a copy of your resume, driving record, and drivers licence before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terrence Wong on 02 9748 9999.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all applicants must be vaccinated against Covid-19 to attend an interview and work in this position.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 24 September 2023.