SALARY: $1,739.00 - 1,992.77 pw + Super
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Camden Library - 40 John St, Camden 2570
Come join an organisation with endless opportunities, where people choose to work because they are inspired by the chance to shape, influence and grow a community.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our Library Services team. We are looking for a creative and opportunistic library professional who has drive and passion for contemporary library practices. You will lead and support a branch team, and assist in the development and delivery of creative library programs tailored to our growing community. Camden Library Services are rapidly growing, giving you the opportunity to work from multiple sites with creative spaces and facilities.
If you enjoy a challenging, diverse and rapidly evolving working environment which provides the opportunity to make a difference, don't miss this opportunity to be part of something great.
What We Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexi time, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- University level qualifications in Library and Information Science or equivalent and/or proven experience in library work
- Strong knowledge of public library practices including current high level digital literacy skills, with the confidence to support customers with diverse technology including online and virtual collections and services, across multiple devices, platforms, apps and software
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and supervise staff
- Strong capacity for strategic thinking and commitment to continued improvement
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated skills in collection management and grant writing experience
- Sound knowledge of library policies, practices and relevant legislation with the ability to ensure legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in libraries
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including new or emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO and WHS
- Current Drivers Licence and Working with Children Check
- Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Knowledge of current educational trends
Note: The above position has been identified as a Child-Related position under the Child Protection laws in NSW. Applicants will be required to obtain hold a Working With Children Check. Prohibited Persons are not eligible to apply.
To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
Further Information: Bernadette Fleet, Manager Library Services, ph: 4645 5053
Closing Date for above position: 19/06/2023
Position Description: For full position description details click here