Division: Corporate & Community
Team: Governance & Risk
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: Grade 13 $74,907.66 to $86,133.80, dependent upon qualifications and experience, plus 10.5% superannuation.
Strathfield Council is seeking a capable and motivated Governance & Corporate Support Officer to join our Governance & Risk team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Role
The purpose of the position is to deliver day-to-day governance and corporate support operations aimed at ensuring all stakeholders have confidence in and can rely upon the business of Council and that the delivery of our operations are carried out in accordance with the principles of good governance.
The major duties for this position entails the following:
· Administrative corporate support and publishing of Council and Committees Business Papers, Councillor information papers and Audit Committee papers;
· Attend Council workshops, meetings, and other events to provide support such as taking and finalising of minutes;
· Process and maintain Council’s Access to Information Applications and register;
· Contribute in a cross functional perspective to ensure the organisation meet its access to information and privacy obligations under appropriate legislation including GIPA, HRIPA and PIPPA by oversighting applications and enquiries in relation to Council’s access to information system;
· Assist with delivering and maintaining Council’s governance framework, continuous improvement, quality assurance programs and corporate governance systems and processes.
· Assist with the development and delivery of education and training programs which support the corporate governance framework;
· Maintain Councils Name and Address Register (NAR) administration
For more details regarding the specific challenges and accountabilities of this position, please see the attached PD below.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Tertiary qualifications in Business, Law, Management, Finance and/or other related area or relevant experience in a similar governance role
· Considerable experience in a local government environment or similar
· Class C Driver’s Licence
· Sound knowledge of the Local Government Act and regulations, privacy legislation and public sector administration and Governance policies and legislations
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience in creating reports
· High level of interpersonal skills and have the ability to apply problem solving and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills under an objective and consistent framework
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
To see the benefits available for staff, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria as found in the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Warwick Lawrence on 02 9748 9999.
Please note you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend an interview and work in this position.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 18 June 2023.