- Deliver impactful outcomes & projects for Ryde Council
- Competitive Salary from $187,773.84 per annum
- Hybrid Work Environment | Personal Leave day every month
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
Council is seeking an experienced and strategic City Architect to lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Department's staff, finances and assets. You will be a thoughtful lead, delivering outcomes in accordance with the organisations mission, structure and resources as approved by the Council and articulated in the Department Business Plan.
You will role model and be accountable for:
- Aligning the Department's operations and projects to the Business Plan in support of Council's Community Strategic Plan.
- Leadership and modelling a culture that aligns with the organisation's values and mission.
- Collaborating with Executive Officers to ensure an integrated approach to the development of city-wide strategies.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the design process across Council's architectural, landscape architectural, recreation planning and engineering design.
- Manage the development of relevant strategic plans, programs and projects.
- Reporting of performance against Four Year Delivery Plan, Annual Operating Plans and quarterly reviews which deliver Council's strategic outcomes of City of Ryde as well as relevant Department programs.
- Ensure frameworks are in place for the Department's compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed.
- Manage the development and continuous improvement of the Department's policies, systems, procedures, practices, and deliverables.
- Develop and motivate staff to build and maintain a positive workplace that fosters productivity, efficiency, client and customer service and continuous improvement regarding service delivery.
We are offering a competitive Salary from $187,773.84 per annum + Superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Culture & Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle included with the role
- Enjoy a personal leave day every month Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- LSL after 5 years
- 3 extra leave days at Christmas
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 12 June 2023 at 11:30 PM
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Wayne Rylands, Chief Executive Officer on 99528052 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety