- Develop & implement the City's Economic Development Strategy
- Competitive Salary range between $81,900 - $106,400 per annum + super
- Hybrid Work Environment | Rostered Day Off Every 3 Weeks
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
We are seeking a collaborative Coordinator to contribute to the advancement of Ryde's economy. As the Coordinator City Economy, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of Council's economic development strategy, including leading components of its implementation. Furthermore, as a member of the council's City Shaping Department, you will be contributing to a broad range of strategic initiatives that seek to make Ryde a great place for people to live, study, work, visit, and invest.
You will role model and be accountable for:
- Taking a collaborative, solutions-focused approach to working with businesses, industry, Government, and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a people and place-based economic development mindset that supports the City of Ryde's broader strategic outcomes outlined in Council's Community Strategic Plan.
- Participating in building strategic relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders, including businesses, industry, Government, and the community, to foster and create new economic opportunities for the City of Ryde.
- Degree-level qualification in Business, Commerce, or related discipline and/or relevant work experience. Demonstrated experience in delivering economic development activities within or on behalf of Local, State, or Federal Government will be highly regarded.
- Experience in utilising innovative and contemporary approaches to respond to emerging strategic (e.g. economic) issues in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis that supports the identification of economic opportunities and the development of bespoke economic development strategies, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Knowledge of, and experience in conducting, various forms of economic and/or strategic analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with businesses and industry groups to build networks, connect to opportunities, access business support and assistance with growth.
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Your annual salary will range from $81,900 - $106,400 p.a + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flex start and finish times to suit your lifestyle.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long service leave after 5 years then monthly accrual thereafter
- 3 extra leave days at Christmas
- Annual performance reviews and salary increase per the Award
- Commitment to career growth and development
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Annual Full Vaccinations & other well-being initiatives
How to apply
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of online questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an interview.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you have the option save and return to your application prior to the closing date. In addition to answering the online questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Thursday 15 June 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Dan Hughes on 0468 872 470 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety