- Located in scenic Picton
- Temporary Part-Time Position - 21 hours per week, up to 3.5 years
- Salary from $47.15 - $54.70 per hour + 10.5% Superannuation
- Work-life balance with flexible work arrangements and working from home opportunities
Are you an experienced Community Projects Officer, with strong skills in advocacy, development and community capacity building within CALD communities, Young Families, Youth, Ageing and Disability groups? Are you looking for your next challenge? This position could be the opportunity you are looking for!
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Projects Officer to join our Community Projects and Events Team on a temporary, part-time basis. Within this role, you will identify, implement and monitor a planned approach to community development and service development for residents within identified new growth areas in the Wollondilly Shire.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in community welfare, community development or social planning and 2 years relevant work experience.
- Well-developed understanding of community development, social justice and community engagement.
- Strong skills in advocacy, assessment, program design & delivery, community capacity building and development activities
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of issues and barriers affecting various target groups in new communities including: CALD communities, Young Families, Youth, Ageing and Disability groups.
- NSW C Class Drivers Licence.
- Current Working with Children Clearance.
Further Information: Rob Moran, Community Projects & Events Team Leader on 4677 9611.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Monday, 12 June 2023
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.