- Deliver civil construction and maintenance works
- Receive ongoing training and tickets/licences
- Employer of Choice | RDO every 3 weeks
City of Ryde, just 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD, is a place of unique lifestyle and opportunity. It is home to an engaged and culturally diverse community of around 130,000 people, and a strong and growing Smart City economy including more than 13,000 local businesses, Macquarie Park, world-class hospitals, and a leading university. All balanced with beautiful bushland, riverfront parks, open spaces, and sport facilities.
Our council delivers a broad range of services, projects, programs, and events. We are actively committed to innovation, sustainability, resilience and providing exceptional customer experiences, and this relies on attracting and keeping great people. We are a recognised Employer of Choice (Australian Business Awards 2022) and offer a range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, health and wellbeing programs, a learning and development program including study support, and a reward and recognition program.
About the Role
As Labourer you will work in a small team to provide maintenance labouring and cleaning services that are specifically related to road, footpath and town centre works within the City of Ryde. This role sits within Councils Town Centre Cleaning Crews, based out of our Meadowbank Depot.
In addition, you will also have:
- Class C Driver's Licence.
- WHS General Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Proven experience in cleaning and maintaining of Public Domain facilities such as town centres, street furniture, fittings & signage.
- Experience in waste collection.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of small plant and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team and without close supervision.
Please note: In line with Council's COVIDSafe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Opportunity to signup and become a fitness passport member
- Uniform and equipment supplied
- Learning & Development opportunities (tickets/licences renewals and updates, training, opportunities to relieve in higher paid positions, etc.)
- Opportunity to join social club
- Various health & wellbeing initiatives (skin checks, flu vaccinations etc.)
Apply now using our fast on-line, application system. You do not need a password to lodge your application, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete your application (Note: you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria).
Closing Date: Monday 12 June 2023 at 11:30pm.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Monzer Charif on (02) 9952 8163.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety