We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
ABOUT MACQUARIE REGIONAL LIBRARY
The Library serves a population of 69,209 across 25,168 square kilometres. The Library provides a range of services and collections to three (3) local government areas of Dubbo Regional Council, Narromine Shire Council and Warrumbungle Shire Council. There is consistency in services and collections offered with high-level support from the Library’s Regional Office located in Dubbo. The Library Service has seven (7) branch library locations: Coolah; Coonabarabran; Dunedoo; Narromine; Trangie; Dubbo; Wellington; and service points at Baradine, Binnaway and Mendooran.
The Library Assistant undertakes a range of customer service and operational activities in the Dubbo Branch Library. The Library Assistant, under the direction of the Branch Library Officer, will ensure the efficient day to day operation of the branch library.
This is a part-time position working 14 hours per week Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide quality customer service to all customers;
- Assist and support the Branch Manager to ensure the delivery of quality library services and programs for all customers;
- Undertake the end processing of Branch resources; and
- Participate and contribute to an effective and productive team.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Higher School Certificate;
- Sound computer and keyboard skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You are interested in library services and in providing high quality customer services to the community. You will be organised, self-motivated and possess the ability to work as part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $21,385-$24,853 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 5 June 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Council's Library Services and Collections Coordinator on 6801 4502
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.,
- On the following page you will have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)