Central Darling Shire is the largest Shire in NSW and yet has the smallest population. It covers an area about the size of the main island of Tasmania and yet has a population of less than 2,000 people. The Shire is extremely diverse with four main communities (Wilcannia, Menindee, Ivanhoe and White Cliffs) and Council is committed to delivering customer focused services and support to the Shire.
If you love building infrastructure and seeing results for your efforts in a great team environment, then you are who we are looking for.
- A great opportunity to work in Regional NSW
- Substantially increased remuneration package on offer (including accommodation and vehicle)
- Flexible approach to hours worked so that a compressed week can lead to a better work life balance
- Overseas sponsorship available but you need to have a current Australian working visa arranged
- Package range from $140,000 to $170,000 temporary to June 2024
- You will assist with funding applications for Council’s capital infrastructure works including planning the resource requirements for the programs.
- You will manage million dollar contracts and ensure they are on time and on budget.
- Put your project management skills to good use and in exchange we will provide an excellent learning and team environment
This position is based in Wilcannia and to attract a high calibre person, Council is offering a very attractive remuneration package, subsidised housing, a motor vehicle and a great lifestyle. Council welcomes overseas applicants seeking sponsorship although you will need to have already arranged your Australian working visa. The cost of sponsorship by Council will reduce the package payable by that amount.
Interested? For further information on the role, please download the Position Description, Selection Criteria and Information Pack from our website at www.lgnsw.org.au/lgms
Applications including a full CV, Covering Letter and response to the position’s Selection Criteria must be completed online.
Should you wish to discuss the position please contact Peter Evans, Senior Management Consultant on 0414 193 770.
Applications close at 5pm, Tuesday 13 June 2023.