WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Governance Officer is responsible for all aspects of the Governance function, being carriage of day-to-day matters, providing efficient and accurate information and administrative support to the Team Leader and as needed to all branches of Council.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide administrative and support services
- Prepare for and administration of Council and Committee meetings; including out of hours
- Day to Day management of Business Papers
- Processing GIPA applications as required by legislation
- Plan and facilitate civic events as required
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate IV in Office Administration, Business or equivalent, with relevant experience
- Highly developed organisational skills including experience working on multiple projects and managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated skills and ability to relate effectively to a variety of clients offering a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
You will have excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills, high levels of attention to detail and exceptional time management skills.
You value the opportunity to work in a professional and diverse environment.
You are a team player, and continually look for ways to positively contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop Computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $66,016-$76,722 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 5 June 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Corporate Governance - 6801 4240
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)