- Lead a small Civil Design team to deliver design programs
- Hybrid work environment
- Employer of Choice | RDO every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Leader, who values innovation and excellence, to lead our Civil Design team. Currently the team has a focus in delivering design programs pertaining to roads, carparks, footpaths and traffic related projects.
This role will utilise your extensive design and construction experience, along with your leadership skills, to deliver civil designs that will benefit the Ryde Community.
Your commencing annual salary will range from $106,842 - $138,895 + superannuation, dependent on your skills, experience and qualifications.
- Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering
- Proven experience in leading and managing a civil based design team and providing sound construction advice
- Proven experience in road and drainage design, traffic safety reports, flood modelling and water sensitive urban design
- Expert computer skills and proven experience in computer-aided design (CAD), Civil 3D, Drains (stormwater modelling program), HEC RAS and Tuflow
- Ability to lead, motivate and drive outcomes
- Desirable, Registered Professional Engineer
Culture & Benefits
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of the below questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an in person interview. This is normally the final stage in the interview process.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria. .
Closing Date: Wednesday 31 May 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the position description or contact Elizabeth Read, Acting Senior Coordinator Design on 0409 409 382 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety