- Oversee the delivery of infrastructure renewal and refurbishment projects
- Hybrid work environment | Leaseback vehicle
- Employer of Choice | RDO every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people.
About the Role
Council is seeking a Construction Engineer in this newly created role to oversee the delivery of infrastructure renewal and refurbishment projects within the Ryde LGA. Utilising your technical knowledge and expertise, you will be required to provide professional advice on proposals for environmental management and protection, as well as improve the functionality, safety, and sustainability of Council's Civil Assets.
As a senior member within the Operations Department, you will be responsible for contributing to the department's four-year delivery plan. You will also assist in the preparation of project estimates, review and comment on designs, prepare Annual Capital Wors Construction and Maintenance Programs, and liaise with operational crews in relation to works undertaken.
Your commencing annual salary will range from $120,198 to $138,895 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in overseeing the construction and/or maintenance of civil assets and related infrastructure
- Sound technical knowledge of road design, road construction, asset management and maintenance, traffic engineering, road marking and survey procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative to solve day to day work issues and problems
- Current driver's licence
Culture & Benefits
- Option of a leaseback vehicle
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- 3 extra grant days at Christmas to ensure you have time to enjoy the holiday
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of the below questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an in-person interview.
Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 29 May 2023 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Stephen Ellul, Manager Operations on (02) 9952 8003 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety