- AUD $114,750 per annum plus Superannuation
- Full-time term contract up to December 2024
- Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
Our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our ambitious goals in Sustainable Sydney 2030 – 2050 Continuing the Vision - creating a green, global and connected city.
The Office of the Lord Mayor (OLM) is seeking a Community Response & Engagement Coordinator to join the Community Response and Engagement team.
In this role you will be responsible for providing high-quality strategic support to the Community Response & Engagement Manager. You will help ensure responses to Lord Mayoral correspondence are timely and effective, and build and leverage relationships with the local community to ensure the Lord Mayor’s activities are communicated effectively and perceived positively.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- tertiary qualifications at degree level in a relevant discipline
- experience in community engagement, consultation and/or communications, problem-solving community issues on public projects and dealing with controversial issues
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write strategic documents, reports and correspondence; discuss and present ideas; and liaise effectively with a broad range of diverse stakeholders.
To apply: Upload your resume and respond to the application questions to show how you meet the role’s requirements. Select 'Apply' to complete your online application.
The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment health declaration, a national criminal history check and provide proof of their Covid-19 vaccination.
Position description: View or download the position description
Applications must be submitted online by 11:59pm, Sunday 2nd April.
For further information contact: Pauline Lockie, Community Response and Engagement Manager on 02 9265 9940.
A challenging and rewarding career: Why joining the City of Sydney might be the right move for you.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, and LGBTIQA+ communities to join us.
The City of Sydney will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability through the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection or assessment process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication.