Division: Corporate and Community
Team: People & Culture
Employment Status: Term Contract up to 12 months, maternity leave cover
Employment Arrangement: Full time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: Grade 14 ($77,982- $89,659.79), dependent upon qualifications and experience, plus 10.5% super
About Strathfield Council
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Council is committed to supporting the future growth of the LGA whilst protecting the local heritage character, ensuring development is of high quality and sympathetic to local surrounds.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Learning & Development Advisor to join our People & Culture team on a temporary full-time basis. The role includes managing the new starter experience and compliance training, as well as assist with the roll out of key learning and development initiatives with the aim to build management and employee capability. The role also requires the implementation and maintenance of the Councils LMS.
To fulfil the role, the position entails the following duties:
- Manage and implement Council’s employee lifecycle processes including but not limited to induction, onboarding, movement and employee separation process
- Coordinate and facilitate Learning & Development in all areas of Council to enhance Organisational Development and Culture including but not limited to trainee positions, compliance training, competency assessments and work plans
- Manage and maintain Council’s Learning Management System including but not limited to system updates, user access, bookings and training register
- Manage and maintain Council’s Learning & Development strategy, calendar, budgets and reporting
- Qualifications in Training and Assessment or Adult Learning or Learning & Development /Organisational Development and/or experience in a similar role (Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in supporting projects affecting organisational culture, change and staff engagement and an understanding of change management methodology
- Experience in identifying training needs and analysing gaps.
- Experience in facilitating, developing, and maintaining Individual development plans
- Demonstrated experience in developing communication strategies and plans and writing internal communication messages suitable for a range of mediums and target audiences to support organisational development projects
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, with a variety of stakeholders that result in positive cross organisational outcomes.
- High level skills in written and oral communication together with a demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels and demonstrating a professional confident 'can do' attitude
- Sound interpersonal, relationship building and customer service skills with the ability to resolve conflict and negotiate effective work outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, interpret and disseminate information to all levels of the organisation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Current Class C NSW drivers licence (Desirable)
To see a list of staff benefits, please click here.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below
2. Attach relevant documentation – Resume, Cover Letter, Statement addressing the selection criteria and any relevant qualifications and / or licences
3. Review and answer our designated questions before submitting your application.
Applications will need to address the Selection Criteria as found in the Position Description.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement with Council.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Michelle Wijangco on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 2nd April, 2023.