Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
Division: Corporate and Community
Team: People and Culture
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: Grade 13 (ranging between $74,907 to $86,133 depending on experience) plus 10.5% Super
About Strathfield Council:
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA. Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity:
Strathfield Council is seeking a dedicated and accomplished WHS & Injury Management Officer to join our People and Culture Team. We are seeking a professional employee to support. We are looking for an energetic individual to support the council in Implementing, coordinating and reviewing Work Health and Safety (WHS) programs, functions and systems to ensure Council’s compliance with legislative requirements and Council’s WHS Management Plan and management of Councils Workers Compensation Claims.
To undertake this position, the following responsibilities and duties are entailed as follows:
- Implement, Coordinate and monitor WHS systems, policies and procedures
- Assist and support the WHS Coordinator with workers compensation duties and compliance
- Conduct safety inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Councils Work Health and Safety Management System and prepare reports with recommendations for improvement
- Liaise with key stakeholders internally and externally when undertaking incident investigations, report investigation outcomes, provide appropriate corrective actions to prevent recurrence and mitigate further risk
- Provide advice and education about incident prevention and workplace health and wellbeing through the delivery of messages and resources at site visits and toolbox presentations, and through the implementation of safety and wellbeing initiatives and projects.
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached PD below
- Certificate IV or higher qualifications in Work, Health and Safety and/or similar qualifications in a relevant field
- Accreditation as a Return-to-work Coordinator
- NSW General WHS Induction Card (White Card)
- Current C-Class Drivers licence
- Minimum three years’ Experience in a work health and safety role, preferably with industry experience and understanding of high-risk work environments.
- Familiarity with the StateCover BeSafe WHS management software
- Demonstrated knowledge of work health and safety systems, legislation and industry codes of practice, with a proven ability to apply such knowledge.
- Experience in the delivery of training in a workplace environment
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $74,907 to $86,133 p.a.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with a 35 hour week and access to Council’s Flexible working arrangements;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 10.5% superannuation.
For a list of list of staff benefits, please click here.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria within the Position Description.
2.Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement with Council.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Alicia Azzi on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Wednesday 5th April 2023