*$103,625 per annum (Band 7) plus super, *Temporary Full time till April 2028
Who are we?
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality and support for its people and the diverse communities of North-western Melbourne.
Hume employs a diverse workforce of over 1800 people who are passionate about delivering positive outcomes to the community through a vast network of over 100 delivered services and facilities that we are proud to maintain for the public.
What is a Project Officer- Child Safe Standards for Hume?
Project Officer- Child Safe Standards is responsible for the development and delivery of strategies to embed the 11 Child Safe Standards across Council. As a Project Officer you will be required to develop and deliver a five-year action plan which will include short, medium and long-term strategies to implement the Child Safe Standards and CCYP obligations.
The role will involve monitoring achievement against the Plan and regular reporting to ELT in relation to Key Performance Identifiers.
- Provide support to the staff in relation to Reportable Conduct matters.
- Develop a system for the collection, analysis and reporting of data regarding Reportable Conduct matters to enable root cause analysis.
- Support implementation of child safe related activities at an organisational and operational level.
.Why we need you?
Hume is seeking an enthusiastic Project Officer working in our Integrity team to develop and deliver strategies to successfully implement the Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, especially in relation to training, education and capacity building of staff and Councillors.
You are a Project Officer who is passionate about delivering services and programs. Your expertise will include but not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement organisation-wide strategies, including training, education and capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to policy development and designing and implementing systems, procedures and programs
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working effectively with large diverse teams to develop key policies and procedures to support the organisation in meeting legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Child Safe Standards and National Principles, and the Reportable Conduct Scheme.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, gain co-operation from and communicate with a broad range of stakeholders.
Hume City Council is a leader in local government and is recognised for its innovation, initiative, leadership, service, quality, and support for its people. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion and the principles of gender equality.
Our Council recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians. We have zero tolerance for child abuse and adhere to the Victorian Child Safe Standards and related legislation. Our people are required to observe child safe requirements and support the safety, participation, well-being, and empowerment of children.
Our strong commitment to social justice and the environment provides opportunities for employees to participate in various programs. We offer flexible work arrangements and a range of other employee benefits to support employee's work life balance.
For further information please view the position description or contact Chris Bradbury on 0458 064 544.
To apply for this job go to: https://hume.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies.
Applications close 28 Mar 2023 (Job ID:6280682)