Job no: 494060
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Corporate Planning, Learning & Development
Salary: From $88,919.00 per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation
About the opportunity
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with extensive experience in planning, delivering and reporting on community engagement activities to join our team in the position of Community Engagement Liaison Officer.
In this role, you will coordinate Council’s Community Engagement Framework and build capacity, capability and effectiveness in engagement activities across Council. You will also manage a central repository for all community engagement plans, activities, reports, databases, tools and templates and produce insightful reports by collating and analysing engagement data.
We offer a hybrid working environment in this role and work together to balance our individual needs and working preferences with the needs of our colleagues, our customers and Council.
- Tertiary qualification in business, planning, communications, community development, facilitation, social work or another relevant field
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of a range community engagement projects, activities and reporting, both internal and community facing
- Experience in engagement capacity building techniques, strategies and expertise
- Experience in collecting, interpreting and collating data for reporting on Council engagement performance and identifying community trends and insights
- Highly developed written communication skills and experience producing content suited to a range of formats and audiences, including online and accessibility requirements
- Highly developed oral communication skills, including strong liaising, interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to provide professional advice to internal stakeholders
- Previous experience working in local government
- IAP2 certification
- Presentation and facilitation skills
Commencing salary: From $88,919.00 per annum, plus 10.5% Superannuation
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
The Business Transformation (BT) department translates organisational strategy into practice through corporate planning, business strategy, business improvement, business systems and our enterprise project management office.
The key drivers for BT include the delivery of strategic direction and performance measurement through the Integrated Planning and Reporting (IP&R) Framework, optimisation of business portfolio investment, leading and mobilisation of continuous improvement, and uplifting organisational Business Transformation capability.
We are a team that knows how to have fun while getting the job done. We place our team culture above everything else and do the work to understand our customer needs to deliver on them. We value:
- Taking a collaborative and engaging approach
- Continuously improving and being adaptable
- Acting with accountability, integrity, and respect
- An approach to being okay to fail.
Why work with us?
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and a finalist in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
How to apply
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Lawrence Hennessy, Corporate Strategy Lead, on 4732 7430.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.