WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
The Stores Officer provides effective services to all Store and Depot users by acquiring inventory items for the Store and or services for the maintenance of the Depot. This includes storing and moving of goods either through direct ordering or through holdings of inventory and the engagement of contractors for external hire and to undertake maintenance work at the Depot.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Maintain inventory facilities
- Provide purchasing services to the organisation
- Develop strong working relationships, ensuring a customer service focus, with both internal and external stakeholders
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in stores, warehousing or procurement
- Ability to use computerised purchasing and inventory management software
- High level Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who has previous experience working in a stores environment. You will pride yourself on your customer service focus and ability to be a team player.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $56,930 - $66,162 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 3 April 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Store and Depot Coordinator - 6801 4943
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)