Division: Corporate & Community
Team: Corporate Services
Employment Status: Term Contract up to 12 months
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: Grade 12 $71,991.83 - $82,723.58, dependent upon qualifications and experience, plus 10.5% superannuation.
Strathfield Council is seeking a capable and motivated Executive Assistant to join our Corporate Services team on a temporary, full-time basis.
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Role
The purpose of the position is to contribute to the organisations goals through providing executive and administrative support primarily to the Director, Corporate and Community.
- The major duties for this position entails the following:
- To provide general clerical and administrative tasks and executive assistance
- Be the first point of contact for all related enquiries from residents via phone, electronic or written form.
- Action all incoming enquiries and provide residents with the appropriate information and procedures as directed by Council.
- Amend and create policies, procedures and forms where needed for compliance functions.
- Preparation of statistical reports for compliance activities.
- Co-ordinate, prioritise, diarise and allocate tasks to internal staff.
- Generate written correspondence, including formal and legal documents, notices and orders, mail merges and reports.
- Develop and revise operating and administrative procedures as required.
- Registering documents and correspondence in CM10, updating excel spreadsheets.
- Prepare correspondence and reports such as letters, memorandums, agendas, reports and minutes accurately and to a high standard
- Arrange and schedule meetings and events
For more details regarding the specific challenges and accountabilities of this position, please see the attached PD below.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Certificate III in Business Administration or higher and/or relevant work experience in a similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the delivery of quality administrative support at a senior level with proven attention to detail
- High level computer literacy, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Well-developed written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level organisational skills with experience in managing and prioritising workflow
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Class C driver licence
- Knowledge of local government (Desirable)
- Ability to effectively operate computer systems preferably Civica and CM10
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
To see the benefits available for staff, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below
2. Attach relevant documentation – Resume, Cover Letter, Statement addressing the selection criteria and relevant qualifications and/or licences
3. Review and answer our designated questions before submitting your application.
All applications will need to address the Selection Criteria as found in the Position Description.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement with Council.
Please note you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend an interview and work in this position.
Applications Close at 10pm, Wednesday 29th March 2023.