WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
In this role you will play an integral role in the development and adherence to the capital works, asset maintenance and refurbishment plans for the Water Supply and Sewerage Branch. You will also have an opportunity to play a part in setting the strategic direction for Council's assets by determining service levels, effective service delivery and most efficient Life Cycle Costs. You will also maintain and undertake water and sewerage hydraulic modeling as well as maintain the asset management database.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Provide an assets management service for water supply and sewerage
- Conduct modelling on water and sewer assets using the latest software
- Develop contract management framework
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Degree qualifications in Engineering or Asset Management related discipline
- Experience with computer hydraulic modelling of water and sewerage systems or similar utilities
- A good working knowledge and understanding of asset management principles and practices, or description as to how your experience will translate to asset management principles
- Current Australian C class licence
- Relevant Experience in Infrastructure planning functions including engineering investigations and planning report preparation
- High level of computer literacy and personal computer application experience, including a knowledge of the workings of as Asset Information System
- Demonstrated strategic planning capabilities with experience in project management and supervision of construction projects
You will be an experienced and qualified engineer with a strong background in computer hydraulic modelling. With a focus on customer service you will be able to provide high level service to both internal and external customers.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet, but not address at this stage.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $94,029-$109,278 per annum plus superannuation and Engineer's Allowance. A leaseback vehicle is available.
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 3 April 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Water Supply and Sewerage - 6801 4860
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)