WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
The Graduate Growth Planner provides effective and efficient strategic planning services to facilitate the continuing sustainable development of the Dubbo Region. The Graduate Growth Planner also has the responsibility for liaising with developers, members of the public, Council's Development Unit and Council Officers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Develop and review strategic land use strategies, planning proposals and policies to guide the further sustainable growth of the Local Government Area;
- Develop and review Councils Local Strategic Planning Statement, Local Environmental Plans, Development Control Plans and Structure Plans;
- Assist in the preparation of Planning Agreements and Works-In-Kind Agreements;
- Ensure proactive communication, education and engagement with developers, builders, consultants, the real estate industry and the wider community with the objective of facilitating the continuing sustainable development of the Local Government area;
- Provide advice on the interpretation of strategic land use policy, Local Environment Plans and Development Control Plans; and
- Participate in pre-lodgment meetings.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline or substantial completion;
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Well developed computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Developing knowledge of contemporary strategic planning systems and techniques
- Working knowledge of NSW Planning Legislation frameworks
You are professional, motivated and proactive. You have excellent communication and time management skills. Additionally, you will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be a team player who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $72,287 - $84,010 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 3 April 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Team Leader Growth Planning Projects- 02 6801 4671
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)