- AUD $87,116.00 - $98,840.00 per annum plus Superannuation
- Permanent / Full Time
- Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 continuing the vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney is busy, vibrant and evolving!
An exciting opportunity is available for a Business Support Officer to provide support to the Director, Executive Assistant and Executive Manager in our City Planning, Development and Transport division.
This role, based in Town Hall House, is responsible for the delivery of high quality, accurate, timely and professional assistance to ensure effective communication, administration and coordination with the City Executive, Councillors, Unit Managers, and staff in the various divisions, and with external stakeholders.
This role will include but not be limited to:
• Meeting coordination including co-hosting, accurate record keeping and preparation of occasional PowerPoint presentations.
• Prioritising and monitoring correspondence and documentation, identifying matters which require immediate attention.
• Providing support within the division as required.
The successful candidate must have:
• Extensive experience and demonstrated ability in high-level executive support roles with a customer service approach.
• Demonstrated proactive approach and ability to implement continuous improvements in work practices and the development and implementation of new procedures.
• Higher School Certificate or equivalent, with tertiary qualifications desirable.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national Criminal Police Check and Pre-employment Health Declaration.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm, Wednesday 29 March 2023.
For further information contact: Alisa Nicholson, Executive Assistant to Graham Jahn on 02 9265 9823.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).