AUD $87,116 - $98,840 per annum plus Superannuation
Permanent / Full Time position
Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 continuing the vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
We are looking for a Business Support Officer to join the City of Sydney. In this role you will provide high quality executive support to the Executive Manager - Strategy and Communications and business support to the wider Strategy & Urban Analytics team and other teams within the division as required. This role requires competence in Technology 1 and providing financial administration management.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to:
- manage a demanding and reactive workload for Strategy & Urban Analytics
- provide high quality and professional administrative assistance
- provide financial and budget administration including the creation and update of purchase orders
- verifying and paying of approved invoices and creating and lodging financial reports and returns as necessary to meet the division’s obligations and as required by the City’s policies and procedures
- coordinate the division’s activities including diary and email management where necessary
- assist and support the team with project research and investigation as well as maintaining process documentation
- assist in the development of business plans, business requirements and specifications
- be proficient in reporting administration.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate capability in:
- strong organisational skills and time management skills
- sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and databases
- clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- attention to detail.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration form.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11:59pm, Tuesday 28th March.
For further information contact: Lara Wolski, Executive Manager, Strategy & Urban Analytics on 02 9265 9307.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).