WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
The Water Metering – Team Leader is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Smart Water Meter database program, devices and meters and ensuring that accurate records are kept and maintained of Dubbo Regional Council's water meter fleet including installation, operation, replacement, maintenance and reading of all meters.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Install and carry out maintenance on water meters.
- High level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Conduct site visits.
- Supervise of a small team.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Extensive experience and knowledge of cloud base databases.
- Intermediate to high level computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrates good communication, conflict resolution skills and experience in customer service.
- Class C drivers' licence.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Smart Water Meters and managing software.
You will have previous experience installing and undertaking maintenance on water meters. You possess a high level of customer service and enjoy providing a quality service to your customers and the community.
You are an experienced hands-on leader who has demonstrated skills in leading a small team. Additionally, you continually show positive leadership and look for ways to positively influence team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $66,016-$76,722 per annum plus superannuation and an industry allowance
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 27 March 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Water and Sewer Operations Specialist-Reticulation - 026801 4863
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)