WE ARE DRC
Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation. A large and diverse organisation with over 600 team members, we put relationships at the centre of our decision making and service delivery. With a population of almost 55,000 and a service catchment population of 120,000 people, our growing region offers a connected community with great access to nature, plus all the amenities of a major city. Find out more at www.dubbo.com.au.
This position is responsible for the effective delivery of maintenance functions and cleaning services within nominated Council buildings. The position is responsible for undertaking and coordinating maintenance activities and leading a team to deliver quality cleaning services in accordance with asset maintenance standards and adopted risk management procedures.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Conduct regular inspections on Council's buildings and facilities and carry out basic building maintenance tasks
- Manage the provision of a high-quality cleaning and caretaking services including meeting and conference room setup
- Supervise day to day onsite trades and technicians and report to Building Services Coordinator
- Plan and prioritise work for the cleaning team
- Ensure that the adopted risk management procedures are known and observed by employees at all times
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in delivering cleaning and caretaking services in a large organisation
- Experience in coordinating and supervising a team including organising trades and technicians for building maintenance
- Experience in reporting and recording building maintenance requests
- The ability to undertake administrative duties with experience in the Microsoft suite of applications
- Demonstrated competency in undertaking building maintenance services including experience with HVAC, fire systems, security systems and automatic doors
You will have experience in the day to day running and ongoing maintenance of facilities, liaising with trades, stakeholders and staff to achieve effective and timely outcomes. You will be a motivated and proactive leader with a genuine interest in the provision of excellent customer service to clients. You will have excellent time management skills, with a strong attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $66,016-$76,722 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 27 March 2023.
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Building Assets 6801 4349.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)