- Picton location
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Salary from $93,892 to $108,948 + 10.5% Superannuation
- Flexible working arrangements
We are looking for an experienced professional in Grants management and Corporate Reporting to join our rapidly growing Council! Would you describe yourself as a motivate, proactive and passionate person? If you answered yes, this position could be what you have been waiting for!
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Grants and Corporate Reporting Officer within our Corporate Strategy and Performance Team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing strategic co-ordination of grant applications for Council, providing strategic coordination of award applications by Council and will also contribute to Corporate Strategy and Performance Team initiatives. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in a field such as Business, Communications, Finance, Corporate Strategy, or other fields which have a strong relationship to the role or extensive relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience.
- A sound understanding of the opportunities and mechanisms available to Councils to leverage Federal and State Government grant funding.
- A sound knowledge of grant program implementation e.g. associated systems, guidelines and policies, and best practice approaches to management and documentation.
- Exceptional written communication skills with a capacity to write succinct and compelling business cases.
- A well-developed level of financial literacy, responsibility, thoroughness, and attention to detail that can be applied to the context of managing grants.
Further Information: Claire Digger, Team Leader Corporate Strategy and Performance, 4677 4495.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Monday, 27 March 2023
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.