- Not your standard office job with no two days being the same as the SME / advisory on industrial and employee relations.
- This is a permanent full-time position in our HR& Safety Program Area.
- Join a team that is supportive of flexible and effective workplace practices.
About the Opportunity:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced human resource generalist who has a keen eye for legislation / industrial relations and who is passionate about providing accurate and appropriate advice to support sound workplace relations. The position reports to the Manager HR Services and is responsible for providing situational specific, high quality, compliant and best practice industrial relations and employee relations advisory services to City of Darwin's stakeholders. The Employee Relation Advisory services provided will focus on industrial relations compliance, performance management including onboarding, employee grievances and complaints and employee separation.
This position will take a lead advisory and case management role and is expected to assist City of Darwin drive a positive and best practice workplace culture and assist in expanding our leadership capabilities when it comes to our people matters. As an advisory service, this role will be expected to work somewhat autonomously at times and will driver ER service delivery on behalf of the HR Services Team.
This position at entry level is Classified as a Level Six (6) and receive an annual salary of $91,887.33 plus superannuation. Other benefits include district allowance, generous leave provisions and organisational support in professional development and managing your wellbeing. The entry level is negotiable based on experience.
You will have a keen eye for detail and a strong understanding of relevant legislation. In addition to this you will excel in your ability to communication to a diverse range of stakeholders in often challenging circumstances. Advocating for process, providing a range of solutions, and supporting healthy workplace conversations coupled with strong administration skills will see you thrive in our environment. A master at sharing knowledge and making what seems complex simple, fair, reasonable, and transparent is what you are all about.
You will have a:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar or a HR generalist position.
- Sound knowledge of how to interpret relevant industrial instruments and develop policy, procedure, and process to ensure best practice and compliance.
- Ability to provide high quality technical industrial advice to mitigate organisational risk including successful negotiation strategies with unions and experience in the Fair Work Commission and related processes.
- Drivers Licence
- Willingness to undertake a National Police
For further information regarding this role, please read full position description or contact Sally Lowing on (08) 8930 0527. Applicants who need assistance with our application process are encouraged to contact a member of our team on (08) 8930 0804.
The position is available for immediate start.
Applications will remain open until such time as the vacancy is filled. If you are keen to be considered, please apply at your earliest convenience.
The City of Darwin is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage First Nations people to apply.
As part of City of Darwin's recruitment process, applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment assessments, such as a Medical Assessment, National Police Check and Psychometric Assessment.