· Drive Workforce Strategy to support community outcomes
· Dynamic and complex service delivery
· Support culture change initiatives
Randwick City Council is one of Australia’s leading local government organisations with a reputation for community engagement and sustainability. The local government area stretches from Clovelly and Kensington in the north to La Perouse and Port Botany in the south. It is home to stunning beaches, beautiful open spaces including Centennial Park, and great sporting facilities. It is also home to world-class educational, health and transport precincts and is enhancing its reputation for arts and culture. Council continues to drive strong economic and cultural development strategies to underpin thriving and inclusive communities.
The organisation is now seeking to appoint a Manager Human Resources to support the organisation as it delivers complex services to a very engaged Council and community.
Working collaboratively with the General Manager and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), you will be responsible for:
· leading and delivering Council’s Workforce Strategy;
· providing leadership across the organisation for all people and culture matters;
· delivering attraction and retention strategic approaches;
· enhancing learning and development initiatives that underpin leadership development and build skills;
· ensuring HR solutions and policies are best practice, integrated and support delivery of HR services; and,
· leading and inspiring a small, committed and enthusiastic team.
You will be tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline and will bring deep generalist experience in human resources practices including employee relations and organisation development. You will have high level communication skills, demonstrated experience in working collaboratively across organisations and sound negotiation skills. You will have worked effectively with a range of unions. Sound business planning and the ability to provide solutions to organisation-wide issues will be critical to success in this role.
Enquiries or requests for an Information Pack should be directed to Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102 or send a confidential resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 3rd April, 2023