Previous applicants need not apply
Division: Planning & Environment
Team: Waste Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with a access to Council's flexible working conditions
Salary Range: $65,949 to $75,714 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation depending upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Strathfield Council is seeking a dedicated Waste Driver/Loader to join our Waste Services Team on a full-time, permanent basis.
About Strathfield Council
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available. As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Role
The purpose of the position is to operate any vehicle or plant involved or associated with the provision of waste management undertaking waste collection services, which includes but is not limited to garbage, recycling, garden organics, clean ups, dumps, bin repairs etc.
The major role for the position of Waste Driver / Loader is to:
- Provide an efficient and effective waste collection service to the residents and community in accordance with the collection service standards.
- Apply safe work practices in accordance with Council’s SOPS relating to refuse collection and the Work Health and Safety Act (WH&S) and environmental legislation;
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience driving and operating side arm and rear loader vehicle
- Current NSW HR Licence or higher
- Higher School Certificate or Equivalent Qualification
- Understanding of and adherence to Safe Operating Procedures.
- Have and maintain a level of physical fitness sufficient to undertake the activities of this level.
- A general knowledge of the area including streets, suburbs and the boundaries of Strathfield Municipal Council.
- Ability to carry out both written and verbal instructions.
- Basic reading, writing skill and comprehension skills;
- Able to work in a team environment or individually under limited supervision.
- Have and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to converse with Council staff and/or the public in a manner expected of Council’s Customer Service Practices.
- Experience in the collection of refuse (Desirable)
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $65,949 to $75,714 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation, dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council's flexible working conditions;
- Access to additional allowances;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 10.5% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Previous applicants need not apply. Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria as found in the Position Description.
2.Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Terrence Wong on 02 9748 9999.
Please note you must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to work in this position and to attend an interview.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 2nd April 2023.