· Inspire and lead a committed team
· Create the future - honour the past
· Executive leadership
Rich in heritage and future opportunity, Hawkesbury City Council is located on the edge of Sydney’s metropolitan area. It is an area of great natural beauty, home to the iconic Hawkesbury River and the site of Australia’s third oldest settlement. Dotted with unique towns and villages as well as rural landscapes, “The Hawkesbury” is in a period of significant change, balancing urban growth, valuing its history and meeting the challenging impacts of environmental change.
Council is now seeking to appoint a Director City Planning who will work closely with Councillors, and will lead an experienced team in the development and delivery of long-term strategic outcomes for the region in areas of land use planning, economic development, environment, heritage and urban design. This is a unique opportunity to create a legacy and be part of the growth and future of the Hawkesbury region.
Reporting to the General Manager and working collaboratively within the Executive Team and across Council, you will:
- support, nurture and motivate your team to deliver exceptional customer service and innovation;
- drive community engagement initiatives to understand local and regional imperatives;
- drive change and best practice to deliver robust strategies and policies that position Hawkesbury City for a balanced and integrated approach to land use, economic and business development, urban design and environmental sustainability;
- build strong stakeholder relationships externally; and,
- deliver strategic plans that address both immediate and future challenges.
With relevant tertiary qualifications, you will have deep experience in planning and a detailed understanding of local government functions. You will bring exceptional communication skills, high level political acumen and sound experience in managing people and budgets. Demonstrated experience in building strong stakeholder networks will be critical to success in this role.
For further information, or to obtain an Information Pack, please contact Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102, or send a confidential resume to:
Closing date: Monday, 20th February, 2023