Environmental Health Officer
Full Time Term Contract - (up to 6 months)
Salary from $88,837 up to $ 103,100 per annum plus superannuation
and an Operational Motor Vehicle under Leaseback may apply
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No: 23005
About the Position
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer looking to bring their professional knowledge and experience in a diverse range of responsibilities whilst working in a stable, collaborative, and supportive team environment.
You will be undertaking important, programmed environmental health surveillance work as well as investigation of complaints in a range of areas including food safety, onsite sewage management, noise, air and water pollution, microbial control, skin penetration regulation, swimming pool water quality, mortuaries, places of shared accommodation, and sex premises.
What's in it for you?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Environmental Health Officer seeking a new challenge and a role they can make their own or a recent graduate Environmental Health Officer looking to develop their skills. You will broaden your understanding of the role Wollongong City Council plays in our local community.
This position is a full time position but we encourage applicants seeking a part time opportunity to apply.
This position is a Paternity leave position for up to 6 months with the possibility of extension.
- We provide flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and flex- you just need to ask!
- We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We provide generous leave provisions including 5 weeks annual leave per year of service
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all, (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support mental, physical and social wellbeing of our staff to be at their best.
- Mobile phone Allowance
- Laptop provided with position
Click 'Apply Now' to be re-directed to Council's E-Recruitment website.
Applications close 11:59pm on 13 February 2023
- Contact Marco Forlano on (02) 4227 7708 for questions related to the job.
- Suitable candidates are subject to employment screening which includes reference checks, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.