Revenue Clerk- Multiple Positions
Permanent Full Time
$63,078 up to $69,972 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No: 23004
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
Our Rates team are a high functioning, professional team who provide a high level of service to the entire community with the aim to provide the best outcome for all. This is an excellent opportunity to kick start your career in finance, allowing you to develop rating, sundry debtor and customer services skills and knowledge.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide a high level of service in the rating and property functions of Council in line with our delivery and operational plans, which include:
- Responding in a timely manner to customer enquiries through various channels such as over the phone, email and in person
- Maintain Council's Rates, Charges and Sundry Debtor Information to ensure accurate record and integrity of debt.
- Play an active role in improvement and innovating processes within the team
- Strong attention to detail
Ideally, we are seeking a person to fill this position on a full-time basis. Requests to work part time will be considered for the right applicant.
What's in it for you?
You'll be a valued member of the Rates team, working in a supportive, customer focussed achievement-oriented environment where no two days will be the same.
You'll maintain confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity as you'll be working with sensitive personal information. You'll put your excellent work ethic and customer focus to use when working with members of the community.
Attention to detail will be a key skill you'll use in this role, as you'll be entering and maintaining important billing data. By developing your communication skills to liaise with both internal and external customers on rating matters.
In this role you'll develop skills in legislative requirements and interpretation of the Local Government Act 1993 and any other relevant legislation, along with interpretation of Council policies and processes. Working as a Revenue Clerk, you will broaden your understanding of the role Local Government plays in our community.
You'll be supported to grow and develop your data entry skills, customer service skills and an understanding of basic accounting. You'll be supported to achieve, grow, and develop with opportunities for career development, both cross-functionally between the two rates functions, and developing your rating expertise, leadership and people management skills with opportunities to act in a revenue officer capacity.
- We provide flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and flex - you just need to ask!
- 35 hour week
- We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We provide generous leave provisions including 5 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all, (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support mental, physical and social wellbeing of our staff to be at their best.
- Access to Fitness Passport
- Laptop provided with position
Click 'Apply Now' to be re-directed to Council's E-Recruitment website.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 6 February 2023.
- Contact Kristy Nutschnig, Team Leader Billing & Recovery on (02) 4227 7426 for questions related to the job
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability or gender identity. People with disability are encouraged to reach out so they can be supported in recruitment processes, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Wollongong Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people in the community.
- Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.