- Picton location
- Permanent Full-Time
- Salary from $70,679 to $81,972 + 10.5% Superannuation
- 38 hour week with fortnightly RDO
Are you an experience parks professional looking for the next challenge in your career? This could be what you have been looking for!
Wollondilly Shire Council covers a Local Government Area of approximately 2,560km2 of pristine bushland, crystal clear waterways and unique towns and villages that are home to close-knit communities. We are experiencing a time of significant growth and require suitably qualified and experienced professionals to go on this exciting journey with us.
In addition to the positive and supportive work culture, there are a number of benefits and opportunities available to our employees including:
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Employee Reward and Recognition Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Staff Social activities
About the Role
We currently have a vacancy within our Parks & Recreation team as the Foreman Area Maintenance (Vegetation Management). You will bring with you to the role, your knowledge of vegetation management, leadership skills and ability to meet deadlines. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their competency for the position by meeting the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of level 3 certificate in one of the following, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Parks and Gardens, Landscaping, Greenkeeping or similar.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months demonstrated relevant work experience and experience in the supervision of staff.
- Experience in the safe operation of plant and equipment, namely the use of tractors, slashers and reach arm mowers.
- Experience with undertaking vegetation management works including on roadside reserves.
- Experience in the application of herbicides on roadsides and public reserves.
- Work Health and Safety General Induction for Construction Work in NSW (White Card).
- Current NSW MR Drivers Licence.
Those not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Further Information: Peter Douglas, Parks Supervisor on 02 4677 9718.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Monday, 12 December 2022.
Don’t delay any longer, Apply Now and let’s make Wollondilly an even better place, together.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply via Council’s website, Wollondilly Employment Opportunities and answer the position specific selection criteria as listed in this advertisement.
Preferred applicants will be required to undertake a pre-placement medical. This includes drug and alcohol screening. The preferred applicant may also be required to undertake Police Background, Credential and Bankruptcy Checks.
In accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020 all positions are engaged Monday to Sunday except as otherwise provided.
Wollondilly Shire Council is committed to workplace diversity.