Based at TSIRC Cairns Office
- Full-time, Fixed term (12 months)
- 6 weeks annual leave (FTE) with 17.5% leave loading
- TSIRC gazetted holidays, professional development
- Extra superannuation, Uniforms
- Start date Jan 2023
Torres Strait Island Regional Council (TSIRC) prides itself on being an employer of choice. TSIRC is one of two local councils found in the Torres Strait and represents 15 'outer' island communities each with its own unique characteristics and service requirements.
Our uniqueness extends to the delivery of more than traditional local government services such as roads, water and waste; we are also deeply invested in the social, environmental, and economic development of our region.
The People & Wellbeing Officer is a generalist role supporting the operational human resource activities in TSIRC. You will be customer service focussed and have a proactive approach with an eye for identifying opportunities for efficiency in HR services that will support Council
There'll never be a dull moment in this role! Here's an idea of what will be keeping you busy:
- Development and implementation of Position Descriptions.
- Provide policy and award advice and interpretation to leaders and employees.
- Consulting on issues related to workplace relations and performance management.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate general HR and IR advice, support and assist team members and coaching to Supervisors and Managers.
- Write and present information briefings on a range of HR related topics.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Human Resource systems.
- Assist the People & Wellbeing Coordinator with monthly reporting.
- Maintain Human Resources records
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV (Diploma highly desirable) in Human Resource Management and/or minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role within a large and complex multi-disciplinary organisation.
- Comprehensive understanding of current employment legislation and ability to develop internal HR policies and procedures and position descriptions
- Previous experience or a good understanding of payroll processes
- Good negotiating, communication, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines
If you are interested in this role, click 'Apply Now'.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter and address how your knowledge, skills, experience, personal attributes and qualifications are most relevant to the position, along with an updated resume.
For more information about the role, click to download PD or contact the People & Wellbeing Team on 07 4034 5731.
Applications close 5:00pm, Friday 9 December 2022.
To apply for this job go to: https://torstrarc.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6179324
Chief Executive Officer