- Lead a team to achieve Council's Capital Works Program
- Competitive salary up to $203k plus super and leaseback vehicle
- Hybrid flexible work environment with an extra day off each month
The City of Ryde is home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people who rightly expect their Council to support their hopes and aspirations. With a diverse multicultural population, and the rapid growth of millennials and young professionals - by far our single largest demographic - we know our community is looking to our Council for authentic and strategic leadership to ensure the Ryde community continues to be provided with lifestyle and opportunity at their doorstep.
About the Role
The Manager Engineering & Project Delivery plays a key role in the success of the organisations Capital Works Program and will be an experienced senior leader and professional engineer. This role provides leadership and direction in the areas of planning, design, development, management and integration of Council's infrastructure and public domain in the provision of asset advisory services.
Using your blend of leadership and management expertise, you will provide strategic, specialist advice and technical expertise to the Executive Manager City Infrastructure and the senior executive team.
You will also have extensive influencing and negotiation skills that will allow you to build relationships with internal and external stakeholder, particularly with various Developers and our Councillors.
- Civil Engineering Degree and Certification as a Registered Professional Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of legislation, regulations, design standards and codes of practice related to the construction and maintenance of infrastructure and the management of public domain assets including the roads act
- Demonstrated project management, contract management, financial management, strategic analysis, planning and advisory skills
- Proven ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop a multi-disciplinary team and lead people successfully through change
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally, and utilise effective influencing, consultation, communication and negotiation skills to achieve business and organisational outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proven ability to prepare high-level briefings and reports for diverse audiences
- High level of emotional intelligence
- COVID-19 vaccinated
Culture & Benefits
- A fully maintained vehicle under Council's leaseback vehicle policy
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- An extra personal leave day to use each month
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Long service leave after 5 years then monthly accrual
- 3 extra leave days at Christmas
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 November 2022 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Charles Mahfoud on (02) 0403 885 370 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety