Fixed Term 5 Year Contract - Full time Opportunity
35 hour week with a day off every 4 weeks
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant
Leaseback vehicle option available and flexible working arrangements with potential to work from home 1 day a week
Re-advertised - previous applicants need not re-apply
- Love the Southern Highlands
- Great team environment
- Rostered Day Off
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney -
Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments.
About the Role:
Great opportunity to join our team in this newly created position to manage and regulate policies/legislation to protect and enhance the environment of Wingecarribbe Shire and the health and safety of the community.
This position will operate in partnership with the community to provide solutions and regulate illegal waste dumping and litter through the development of strategies and compliance programs.
- Relevant Council Law Enforcement Officer training such as Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services) or Certificate IV Government (Investigations) or similar qualification or undertaking a relevant qualification or demonstrated relevant experience and willingness to complete relevant qualification.
- A sound working knowledge and experience in the application and administration of current Acts and associated
- Regulations as they relate to illegal waste dumping
-Local Government Act
-Protection of the Environment Operations Act
- Experience in gathering evidence and preparing briefs of evidence
- Advanced organisational, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer and database systems
- Understanding and commitment to WHS and EEO principles
- Current NSW Drivers Licence essential
- Competitive salary
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program (EAP).
- Leaseback vehicle option
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a brief cover letter.
Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Simon Grierson (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 6th December 2022.
Click here to download the Position Description.