Civil Maintenance Supervisor
Permanent Full Time
Salary from $99,637 up to $128,335 per annum inclusive of Superannuation
Plus an Operational Motor Vehicle under lease back arrangement + A 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance
may also apply
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No: 22098
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
We are currently delivering some of our largest ever capital works programs and are excited to be offering an opportunity for a Civil Maintenance Supervisor to join our driven and committed City Works division.
You will work as part of a team delivering essential public infrastructure including town centre upgrades, roads, footpaths, developing stormwater drainage systems, car parks and other public infrastructure assets. Reporting into the City Maintenance Manager you will lead a team of 4 direct reports and approximately 17 operational staff members.
You will on a daily basis:
- Lead, coach and manage a successful motivated team
- Help program daily schedule of works
- Ensure works are performed to a high level of standard
- Identifying and improve operational objectives and practices
- Communicate and drive safe work practices - every day and everywhere
- Provide positive and professional engagement with our community
- Ensure works are completed on time and in budget
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills;
- Have a strong customer focus;
- Have experience and knowledge of civil construction projects;
- Be proactive in achieving industry 'best practice' and construction safety outcomes;
- Be available to respond to after-hours emergency callouts.
- You will work with the community members and engage with to determine best outcomes and expectations in line with councils budgets and.........
- attributes of reliability, self-motivation, initiative, innovation and cooperation.
We have an exciting 4 year Infrastructure Delivery Program - check it out at https://lnkd.in/gmja-YEa
This is a great opportunity to join an experienced and dedicated team of 6 Civil Coordinators and contribute to a safe and enjoyable environment for our community.
- We provide flexible working arrangements such as flex time
- 35 hour week
- We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We provide generous leave provisions including 5 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all, (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support mental, physical and social wellbeing of our staff to be at their best.
- Access to Fitness Passport
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Mobile phone allowance
- Laptop & tablet provided with position
- Statutory licences required in this position are paid by council
- Fuel Card provided with operational motor vehicle
Click 'Apply' now to be redirected to our E Recruitment site.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 5 December 2022.
· Contact David Tuszynski on (02) 4227 7749 for questions related to the job
· Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the
Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- Internally this position is known as Civil Coordinator
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability or gender identity. People with disability are encouraged to reach out so they can be supported in recruitment processes, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Wollongong Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people in the community.
- Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.