Foreshore Animal Compliance Officer
Permanent | Part time - 28 Hours (Including Saturday & Sunday)
Salary up to $64,777plus Superannuation and Penalty Rates for Weekends
Vehicle provided to travel To and from Work and an On-call Allowance may apply
(Salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Animal Control Ranger Casual and Relief Opportunities from $38.91 per hour
Recruitment No 22190
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the Position:
Council is seeking to fill several positions to work within our Animal Compliance team. These opportunities include:
- One (1) Permanent Part-Time position 28 hours per week (including Saturday & Sunday)
- Relief opportunities to fill casual and temporary roles on an as-needs basis. - Relief list opportunities will fill temporary roles on an as-needs basis, with typical contracts ranging from one (1) week to six (6) months work. Placements will be offered through rotation on the list.
We are looking for people with excellent customer service skills who have an interest in animal handling (dogs, cats and livestock) in a regulatory role. These positions are responsible for educating and regulating the community when it comes to responsible pet ownership, animal control in public places including our foreshore and beaches and investigating more serious matters such as aggressive dogs and dog attacks.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
The positions require dynamic individuals who can demonstrate:
- An ability in handling animals, particularly aggressive dogs, cats and roaming livestock.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to work with difficult customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and work with others.
- The ability to problem-solve and work with minimal supervision.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
What's in it for you?
- We provide flexible working arrangements such as flex leave.
- We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change.
- We provide generous leave provisions including 5 weeks annual leave per full year of service
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all, (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support mental, physical and social wellbeing of our staff to be at their best.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
You must apply via our website. Click 'Apply' now to be redirected to our E Recruitment site.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 28 November 2022.
· Click on the attachment below to view the Position Description.
· Contact Daniel Kennedy, Compliance and Regulation on (02) 4227 7388 for questions related to the job
· Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability or gender identity. People with disability are encouraged to reach out so they can be supported in recruitment processes, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Wollongong Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation and is committed to the care and protection of all children and young people in the community.
- Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.