Permanent Full-Time Opportunity
35 hrs per week with 1 variable day off each month
Vehicle Lease Agreement options
$89,687.52 p.a. up to $104,037.96 p.a. plus 3.5% civil liabilities allowance plus super
About the Role
We have an exciting career opportunity within our Water and Sewer Branch for a suitably qualified and experienced Water Treatment Engineer with experience in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and renewal works associated with the water treatment infrastructure within the Wingecarribee Shire community. In addition, the role ensures the treatment process, activities and water quality comply with Councils adopted DWMS, ADWG, regulatory conditions and all the associated facilities are operated and maintained efficiently and in a safe manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your operational engineering career in Local Government and join a team who supports our mission to create and nurture a vibrant and diverse community, growing and working in harmony with our urban, agriculture and natural environments.
Salary starting from $89,687.52 p.a. up to $104,037.96 p.a. plus 3.5% civil liabilities allowance plus super and vehicle lease options, dependant on skills and experience.
You will possess water treatment operational experience where you will be required to manage, plan and proactively participate in the delivery of staff activities to achieve best operating practices for all water treatment plants and associated source/distribution infrastructure for example Raw Water Dams and Reservoirs. As well as direct and manage the incidental regulatory reporting for government bodies including NSW Health and DPIE Water and coordinate sampling analysis programs to ensure compliance with NSW Health standards to minimise both business and consumer risk. Further information in relation to the role's Key Responsibilities are detailed in the position description.
1. Relevant Degree qualification in Science or Engineering with demonstrated practical experience (minimum of 5 years) relating to operation and maintenance of asset infrastructure within water treatment operations.
2. Demonstrated experience and ability (minimum 5 years) in operating, planning, leading and coordinating a number of staff or contractors to meet key performance (e.g. operational, regulatory) indicators within the water and sewer industry.
3. Certification in Fluoridation for Public Water Supplies.
4. Demonstrated ability in the development, management and monitoring of budgets
5. Demonstrated ability in the management, assessment and development of staff to ensure competency and compliance of business and regulatory standards
6. Demonstrated practical experience in the development, implementation and management of WHS, process and quality improvement systems.
7. Well-developed analytical skills, innovative and flexible approach to operational trouble shooting or fault finding.
8. Highly developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to provide clear, well-constructed written and verbal advice.
9. Moderate level computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Class C Drivers Licence
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations (Water Treatment) or equivalent (e.g. DPI related courses)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using telemetry, PLC and SCADA systems related to water and sewer industry.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in water management, environmental planning and workplace health and safety.
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of utilising asset management systems
- Current certification in Induction for Construction (White Card), Confined Spaces and Working at Heights.
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Tom Baldwin, Coordinator Treatment on 02 4863 5339.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Applications are to be received by 9th December 2022.