Natural Areas Team Leader
- Salary $114,034.75 - $132,279.70 p/a + super
- Fixed Term full-Time position – September 2024
- 35 hours per week
About Ku-ring-gai Council
Located 16 km’s north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 124,000 residents and set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Environment & Sustainability, you will be responsible for providing high level technical advice on the management of natural areas, environmental assets, native title and Aboriginal heritage.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring strategies, policies and programs to manage Council’s natural areas and environmental assets, bush fire risk and Aboriginal heritage,
- Coordinating Council's Biobanking and biodiversity offsetting program,
- Undertaking Council’s Native Title duties,
- Assisting with the development and review of bush fire, flood, riparian and vegetation management related controls, as a component of the principal DCP and LEP,
- Preparing conceptual and detailed specifications and documents that demonstrate a commitment to ecologically sustainable development,
- Managing the natural areas team, including supervising direct reports and ensuring that all generic and operational work plan outputs are met,
- Supervising contractors/consultants to deliver programs within budget to set timeframes, and
- Providing technical advice on environmental management internally and externally.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree and substantial work experience in a similar capacity,
- Current Class C Drivers License,
- First Aid certificate,
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and reviewing Part 5 environmental assessments,
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical advice in natural resources management,
- Experience in environmental monitoring, data management and analysis,
- Experience managing and leading a team of staff as well as contractor management and stakeholder engagement,
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant local government, environment and planning legislation,
- Project and financial management skills, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- 35 hour working week
- Work from Home (WFH) options
- Flexible Working Arrangements available
- Health & Fitness $100 yearly reimbursement (conditional)
How to apply
Applicants are required to address all Essential Criteria as listed on page 3 within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview. Please submit a separate document titled Response to Essential Criteria with your response.
Like to know more Contact Andrew Watson on 02 9424 0817
Closes: 11:30pm, Monday 5 December 2022
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer