Council is seeking a Traffic Engineer
to fill a Permanent Full Time Position
35 hour week with a variable day off each month
Salary from $89,687.52 pa to $104,037.96 pa + Superannuation
- Lovely Southern Highlands location
- Great team environment
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions
- Be part of our growing dynamic council
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1 hour south of Sydney. Join Wingecarribee Shire Council on our journey to re-focus, re-build and reinvigorate. We are working towards a vibrant future.
About the Role:
Start your career in Traffic Engineering at Wingecarribee Shire Council and become part of a team dedicated to the delivery of safe and sustainable traffic outcomes for the local transport network. We are seeking engineering graduates for this role, previous experience is desired but not essential.
The role is responsible for assisting the Senior Traffic Engineer in ensuring Council's continued investment in improved road safety and traffic outcomes through the planning & scoping of infrastructure upgrades, road safety programs, wayfinding initiatives and oversight of private development.
The role sits within the Assets Branch, an innovative and collaborative team that are working to revitalise the infrastructure networks across the Shire. Each year, the Assets Team is responsible for scoping projects, and maintaining involvement as the project client, for the $60-80M Capital Works Program.
- Opportunities for education, training and career pathways within WSC
- Dynamic team culture that is supportive, diverse and inclusive
- Positive flexible work-life balance and job security
- Be a part of a growing organisation with a culture focus on dignity and respect
- Reward & Recognition and Wellness programs
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or relevant discipline and experience sufficient for eligibility for admission as a Member of the Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management.
- Demonstrated experience in traffic engineering or transport planning.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing traffic management plans.
- Demonstrated effective and clear verbal and written communication skills, including report writing.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing contracts.
- A high level of computer literacy, with experience using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, asset management, financial and record management software and traffic engineering software such as SIDRA.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence (Class C).
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and an explanation of how you meet the selection criteria.
Applicants not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Michael Rayner - Senior Traffic Engineer (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 27th November 2022.