We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.THE OPPORTUNITY
The Team Leader Aerodrome Operations is responsible for maintaining the operational safety of the aerodrome, ensuring airport operations and security compliance with the relevant acts and regulations. The position will also lead and coordinate the Aerodrome Reporting Officers team.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Effectively liaise with appointed Project Managers to ensure the effective undertaking of capital works or renewals
- Identify and provide input into future facility development opportunities or needs ensuring master plan strategies are achieved
- Coordinate and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Regularly liaise with airport stakeholders and users regarding airport services and satisfaction; and
- Provide input into corporate plans, reports, programs and policies
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience in the aerodrome industry
- Aerodrome Reporting Officer Certification
- Demonstrated ability to manage airside operations (Part 139 MOS)
- Experience in planning and implementing asset maintenance programs
You are highly motivated and experienced in the aerodrome industry. You will have excellent communication and negotiation skills and pride yourself on your ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
You are a leader who continually looks for positive ways to contribute to team culture.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $79,147 - $91,980 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 28 November 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Dubbo City Regional Airport - 02 6801 4561HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)